Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Writing off: A sign post's tale.

Well folks, I’ve had a car crash. Well, I say car crash; I prefer to think of it as a ‘difference of opinions’. I thought it’d be fine to drive on the verge without looking…the sign post thought otherwise. Unfortunately, before I could argue the point, I’d smacked in to the darn thing. Don't worry though, I’m still alive and in one piece (obviously), and I thought that as you are my loyal readers (note: sarcasm) that I would tell you my tale. Because I know you’re just dieing to hear it.
Ok, so I was driving back to Bournemouth Uni Monday night. I had been home for the weekend, and I had gone to see some good friends of mine play a gig before I left, so I was going home at about 10 o’clock at night. I don’t know the route that well, and it was Dark, and if there’s one thing I hate, its not knowing where I’m going. In the dark. Pretty sure it’s a driver’s thing. Anyway, I’m on the A24 to Worthing, and just to double check, I take a sneak peak of me map, just to make sure. So, eyes come off the road, car comes on to the verge. I suddenly look up to see be skidding across the grass, and the car is slowly spinning around....and just out of the corner of my eye I can see this metal sign post come hurtling towards me. "oh crap I’m going to die" was one of my thoughts, as was "the tire must of blown" "I wonder if things will just go black like the movies" and "shit there goes my no claims bonus". Turns out things didn’t go black, the back of the car hit the post, and swung me back round.
Some kind women, who I never got a chance to thank, stopped a few seconds later to make sure I was ok, and an ambulance just happened to go by too. Unfortunately I ruined the back axel on my car, and there’s a huge dent, so it’s a write off. Need a new one now, otherwise I’m stuck in Bournemouth, and I can’t get to work. Jolly Good.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home