Friday, February 02, 2007

Politics: Tales of Apathy

Britain as become an apathetic country when it comes to politics it seems. Turn out rates at the elections are low, they can't trust Blair to tell the truth, they can’t trust Cameron to run the country properly. What’s an average citizen supposed to do? Nothing, apparently. Just sit at home, and let the buggers burn....and complain loudly every so often.
I can see why - politics gets into everything. As my loyal readers *scoff* will know, I started up Tae-kwon-do again, was looking forward to it and everything, but what do I find when I get there? I’ve joined a different "school". As the tale goes, the guys who founded the school I’m in now, kicked out the guy who founded me previous school, who then formed said school to see if he could do better - he couldn't, apparently. So now not only am I rusty, I’m from the wrong school, so had to re-learn everything. Joy.
And then there’s Political Correctness...._ don’t get me started, ill blog that another day...
In this glorious (yet environmentally doomed) post modern era, the term "Mass Media" has become literal truth - the public has so much available to them, blogs, ezines, podcasts...and so the old dogs learn new tricks. The Frankfurt school refers to a concept called the "hypodermic needle", where the media injects its messages to the public subtly, slyly and causes a Narcotic affect - I guess we've now reached overdosing levels.
Don't worry about me though folks, I don’t do drugs! Life’s too short to be apathetic...it’s also a lot of hard work if you think about it, and God knows I’m a lazy bum.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home