Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Epic Frustration

I was bought the first two books of the 'Inheritance Cycle' for christmas. You may know the first book as the recent-ish fantasy film Eragon. It's quite good, already part way through the second book.

But that's not why I've randomly popped back into existence. Reading these books made me realise something: No one ever masturbates.

Take Eragon for example. He turns 16 throughout the course of the book, discovers girls somewhere along the line, and spends several months trapsing over the world of Aglagaesia, and not once is any potential sexual frustration touched upon. If an alien read the book, he would think that the human race is incapable of even having a boner.

A bit crass for a blog topic I know, but now that I think about it, all books are like that. Sure, some contain very romantic scenes that either hint at or directly suggest the act of sex took place, but nothing sexual ever really happens around that event.

Just some food for thought.

In other news, I'm going to be building myself a PC within the next few days. Should give me something to write about, so with any luck I'll be back soon with another update. (I know, you've heard that before...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home