Wednesday, April 30, 2008

GTA FTW

“I’m telling you, 50 copies for the 360, and only 36 for the PS3”

“360 for the win!”

“It’s five too, can’t we just have it now?”

“Maybe we should go to Game…”

“Pre-orders only ….”

And so there I was. It was 11:50 at night, and I was standing with my friends in a queue with two of my friends waiting for Grand Theft Auto IV.

I’d never stayed up late to go to a launch ‘opening’ before. It was just as geeky as I thought it would be, but it was worth going.

We arrived about half an hour early, yet there were already people there waiting. And they had snacks.

And they were some characters there I can tell you. Mainly under-aged chavs, but a few hardcore gamers were there too. And then of course there was the mother with her 10 or 11 year old son…

I know most of society is in uproar over this game and how horribly violent it is, but parents like her bring it upon themselves. Still, I wish my mom was like that. One time when I was like 11 or 12, I rented Doom out on the N64, which was a 15 or 18 I think. I had for like a couple hours before my mom found out I had. Had to send it right back.

Anyway, got home with my new purchase, and started playing it. And it was 2 in the morning when my girlfriend woke up and asked me what I had been doing all night…

The main character’s ugly. Didn’t expect that. So far I’ve been impressed. I’ll probably write my own review at some point, once I’ve played it a bit more.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home