Sunday, October 14, 2007

Jump Ship

I've always been a man of principle. Early on in my life, I made a choice, and I have stuck through that choice. But lately, temptation has manifested itself in biblical proportions, and I don't know how long I can hold out. Should I do it? Would it make me a bad person? Would the fun out weigh the guilt I might/might not feel? Would it end up being a huge waste of money?

To buy or not to buy, that is the question....

I'm talking about Halo 3 and the Xbox 360. You see, for my entire gaming life I have been a follower of Nintendo. From the early days of the SNES and the 64 right through to today's Wii, The console I have always owned has been Nintendo, and I have only played other peoples Playstations and Xboxs. But now....as my Wii sits relatively unused, and as Halo 3 calls out from the deep I begin to wonder...should i jump ship? I got the Wii for Christmas so it's not like I'm wasting money (although is it a slap in the face to those who bought it for me?). It's not that I'm abandoning Nintendo either, I'm not, I just really really really want an Xbox right now. I mean just look at what I've got against me, Halo 3, Mass Effect .... loads of decent titles are beginning to emerge on the Xbox. As for the Wii? Zip.... and I reckon because of this I'm losing my motivation to play it. I STILL haven't finished Zelda you know.

Such a Dilemma. Technically I can afford the investment, but it will eat into my student loan considerably, and I don't have a job yet. Also, there is no guarantee my interest in the system will continue in the long term, but then I will have the Wii to go back too. I also have to consider how this will affect my studies. My girlfriend is already worried that she'll never see me again, and I haven't even bought the damn thing yet. So many angles to consider.

One thing I will stick too though, I won't buy it until i have a job........God I hope Empire get back to me soon....

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home