Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Round 2 - Ed

Things are beginning to really get into gear lately. Pre-Enrollment talks, purchase of books and stationary, over-sleeping....slowly but surely, i am re-aligning myself to Uni-life. This mainly manifests itself as me literally throwing myself at a brand new task/job.

With luck, and a little persuasion, you could soon be talking to the new Multi-Media Editor for The Wire (for those who missed that update, the Wire is the student newspaper here at Bournemouth). With the print version of the Wire struggling last year, and the website being all but neglected, "the management" feel some changes were in order, primarily expansion and concentration onto the alternative medias. This will mean more focus on the website, and more focus on things like blogs and podcasts, which is where i come in to manage it all. I'll admit, I'm pretty excited.

I've recently held a kind of fascination with podcasts, and have always wanted to get into the field somehow, especially audio ones as it links closely with radio, which i love. I've already come up with several ideas of how the podcasts will play out, so i hope to get stuck in asap.

On a negative note, I've received my timetable for this year. Utter shit. Not one day off. 7 o'clock finish on Thursdays. Awkward times, and worst of all, late afternoon finish on Wednesdays! Everyone is supposed to have Wednesday afternoons off, but we don't. Suffice to say i am very vexed. Oh well, maybe ill do something trendy and blog about it....

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home