Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sunshine

"I don't believe in God"
"Neither did i......but you'll find him. In the Sunshine"

FYI, i do believe in God, always have done, but this is just a quote i liked from the film 'Sunshine'. Very good movie, interesting plot development, especially when, in hindsight, you realise the trailer is slightly misleading, but there ya go. That's not what I'm here to talk about though.

Friday night saw an event which i never knew existed, but which excited me deep to my core. It was (of course) the Bournemouth Fire Festival. Key word there being "fire". I love fire. I take after my dad. Pyromaniacs, the both of us. It makes for good entertainment at parties....that is until someone gets burned.

The fire festival, basically put, was a bunch of pots (set aflame) arranged in weird and wonderful shapes. There were several hand type arrangements, a very cool sphere, rows of flaming pots along the verge, pipes with inscriptions, even a couple guys working these funnels so that they gushed flames every so often. It was quite a spectacle and very...romantic as well. (Yes, i can be a big softy at times). I think my favourite bit was the sphere 'o' fire, that looked good, although apparently i missed some guy twirling flame things about. Damn. Me and a friend of mine made jokes about going around asking anyone for a light, or simply lighting a cigarette off one of the pots. They were burning off pure paraffin by the way.

My Welcome crew duties start tomorrow, so expect an update on that soon(ish). For now, take care.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home