Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Do you want to live forever?



I do. Not to be famous or anything, just want to live forever really. It'll give me time to catch up on all the work I’m behind on.
I went and saw FAME today. It was being performed by students here at the university. Naturally given the time, space and everything they were restricted by, it was a bit of a truncated version, but I had never seen any version of it. I was impressed.
I grew up around amateur dramatics, and I appreciate how hard it can be, but it was bloody good, singing, acting everything in general really. Sure, it you good pick holes in it, and be left with a huddled, twitching sack of meat, instead of a performance...but what’s the point? They gave it there all, and to be honest, taking everything into account, they did bloody brilliant. A course-mate of mine was in it....God knows why he chose Journalism.
I will say this though: I noticed a lack of ethnic diversity in the cast. Not that I care, but a sad, cynical person might pick up on that. Even the black character was white.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home