Tuesday, March 06, 2007

In the public interest...

You hear that phrase allot in my profession-to-be. We must know the facts, because it's in the public interest. You must tell us why, for the public interest. Paris, strip naked for us now, in the name of the public interest! I had a lecture today on how to get difficult people to give interviews, for the public interest, obviously.

The question is, who decides what the "Public Interest" means? Obviously not the public, because they're just morons. I think it is implied then that we, as Journalists, representatives of the people and upholders of the "fourth estate", have to decide for you. Hmmm. To be honest, if the public interest is left down to the likes of me and my friends, then the public should be worried. Hell, I'm worried.

Talked to mother dear yesterday, it appears we have lost SkyOne, and as a result, BSG. I think i may cry. Then launch a Jihad against both BSkyB AND Virgin Media for being knobs. garr. That show was the best show ever, and now i can't even record it. *sigh* I bet this was in the "Public Interest" and all. Bastards.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:15 am , Blogger P. said...

"public interest" to most journalists means, "whatever retains my job". What's BSG?

 
At 6:28 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bastards is right. I've also lost Sky One. But them I only use it to watch The Simpsons.

 
At 11:14 pm , Blogger P. said...

BSG is an acronym for 'Bastards is right'? Are you sure? How odd.

 
At 11:49 pm , Blogger JustCommunication said...

BattleStar Galactica, for those in the unknowing, possibly the greatest show. Ever.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home