Monday, February 26, 2007

Whats in a name?

You know one impression I've received about my blog, (Other then that it rocks everyone's socks, obviously) is that people are not quite sure what my name means. I had an American once ask me what does "Geeser" mean in the context I'm using. Maybe i should of thought harder about the name.

Well, to be honest, it was an off-the-cusp wordplay that i thought up in the 30 seconds i had to think of a blog name, before my lecturer had me shot for being too slow. Ever seen the film Memoirs of a Geisha? Nah, me neither, but i thought to myself: "Blog" "Like a journal" "My 'memoirs'" "Memoirs of a bloke" "Bloke = Geeser" "Geeser sounds like Geisha, from that film I've never seen" "Well that's clever, I'm using that" And viola, you have Memoirs of a Geeser, which i thought i was in a general sense. Although apparently I'm "too young" to be a Geeser.

Maybe I'm just too clever for my own good. Yes, that must be it. It's obviously not that i come up with naff word plays, or ill conceived ideas. I'm just too clever. Yes. Too clever.

In other news; I'm going to a meeting today with the Editor of The Wires' online version. He wants me to do some blogging on it, so watch this space. (All very exciting). Oh, the picture? yeah i couldn't be bothered to find a themed one today, so i thought I'd put that up to underline the following point; yes, i am a driver. Fear me.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:53 pm , Blogger P. said...

lol. Makes perfect sense to me, dood. I'm all for abject (or should that be abstract?) reality.

Can one have abstract reality?

Do we care?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home