Saturday, March 03, 2007

The simple things

Despite being a man of incredible intellect and wit, I do enjoy the simple things, the little things in life. The quirks, traditions, and sayings of other people have always interested me in particular, because it's different. I like different.

These days, my main influx of quirky sayings and phrases come from the many books, comics, films that I watch/read. Take the chap above for example (It's amazing the things you can do with Paint.) He is from the Warhammer universe, Warhammer being a table top game invented by Games Workshop. In this afore mentioned universe, there are many worlds, each potentially with its own traditions, sayings, culture, and..... swear words. Swear words have got to be my favourite. Don't ask me why, there just cool. Swearing in a foreign language is cool.

It's just the attention to detail that I find so appealing about it. I mean these are people in another place and time, why would they have the same sayings we do? They fraking wouldn't, that's why. (See what I did there, did ya? Did you see what I did there? Just checking...) so next time you want to swear at someone, be creative, be different, be cool.

In other news: My feet are killing me. Seriously, I think they might fall off. Too much of
this. A lot of fun though, it’s good to get back into it (long story). Hope you enjoyed the article I posted up yesterday, I thought it was about time to get another one of those up. That disclaimer at the top was originally at the end of the article, until I nearly gave a friend of mine a heart attack because she thought it was real. oops.

The dryer didn’t dry my clothes properly again, stupid kek. *grumbles*

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:21 pm , Blogger P. said...

Most amusing Paint addition. Most amusing post. Actually quite refreshing to find a genuinely amusing blogger - but a journalism student and amusing?

I'm kidding.

But not about the 'you're amusing' bit.

Sorry. Going now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home