Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Dance, Dance

Today, I'm going to talk about a dance, but not just any dance...the dance. The dance that preoccupies most single men and women whenever they come into contact with each other. Yes my friends, that dance: Le Tango de flirting/getting a date.

I've been trying to avoid it recently because, quite frankly I'm no good at it. What little relationships I've had have usually been spontaneous, random, or a disaster. Either way, they never lasted that long and involved little work from either party. A prolonged campaign has never worked. But just recently, i decided to give it another try, for reasons that I'm sure you can guess. She's a very nice girl btw. I won't go into details because, people i actually see on a day-to-day basis may read this....and that's bad. (Which reminds me: must delete this from my Facebook feed as soon as it pops up)

Anyway, I'm not even a few days into the dance (At the moment, its a one man show as far as i can tell) and I'm already despairing. Reason: other people. They complicate things. Especially when packing an ego. I just can't compete, I won't compete, out of general principle...unfortunately, the afore mentioned ego must be surpassed before i can get anywhere...

I guess I'm just working myself up over nothing...i promised myself i was just seeing where this can go...no need to get me knickers in a twist. I promise a more upbeat update next time. Just wanted to get this off my chest. Ciao.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:09 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joe!

Thanks for visiting me in my new place and for adding me to your blogroll! Follow this think to see some proper dancing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j02k9t4rP50

Best Wishes,

Tom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home