Thursday, June 07, 2007

Club-House

Why do people go out "clubbing"? I mean, lets look at this logically; You spend say £20 on entry fees and several over-priced drinks, simply to go to some dark, poorly lit room, and get squashed like a sardine. Is it for the music? Well I'll admit, they do play some decent tunes, depending on where you go, but it is very hit and miss. Is it to dance? Well the likeness to a Sardine tends to make that difficult. 'fun'? Well whats fun about being tossed and turned while you melt away.

Me? I'm not sure why i do it. I can think of a few things that are way more fun then clubbing, but in none of those things do you meet girls, which i suppose is the point. i go clubbing in the vein hope that a girl will take notice of me, i mean, that is what's supposed to happen, right?

Last night saw a first in the life-history of Joe - I was the "designated driver" for a night out. Wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, I usually hate being the only sober one. Unfortunately, the bar we went too was a tad crowded for my liking, and i was reminded whenever i saw assholes being assholes why i really do hate being sober on a night out.

Oh i finished my exams by the way...they went alright. Might have to retake a couple, but oh well.

Sorry for the lack of updates.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:41 am , Blogger P. said...

i go clubbing in the vein hope that a girl will take notice of me, i mean, that is what's supposed to happen, right?

Yeah but every other guy in the place is doing the same thing, so in what way do you plan to stand out? The kind of chick looking to be pulled in a night club is generally looking for the alpha male (or 'wanker' as he's more commonly referred to by chicks who don't go to clubs looking to be pulled). You don't strike me as being one of those. This is not a bad thing - or at least you won't think so once you get the right gal.

 
At 8:53 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suspect that many of the girls you might get involved with via a club are going to be after not much more than a quick shag one-night-stand type-a-thing. That was certainly the case when I was at uni, back when I was desperately trying to convince myself I was straight, honest.

Or is that what you're after?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home